1958_07--21_Taintor-Gates-Looking-N_DSC03813_2012-PF.jpg 1958_07--21_Taintor-Gates-Looking-N_DSC03813_2012-PF.jpg

This July 21, 1958 photo shows the Taintor Gates in place behind the crane lifting the structural steel for the new section of the roadway bridge. The photo was taken looking to the north, upriver towards the lake. (Photo Courtesy of Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman, Inc., Branford.  Their parent company, C. W. Blakeslee & Sons built the Stevenson Dam in 1917.)