170071151_2012-PF.jpg 170071151_2012-PF.jpg

Members of the Oxford Ambulance Association pose in 1971 with the ambulance at the Riverside Fire House.  In that year the association got a second ambu- lance. The ambulance that was previously based in the Center Fire House was retained and transferred to Riverside to provide expanded and more rapid ser- vices. The man second from the left is Franklyn J. Sanford one of the organizers of the association in 1954 and the Association's first secretary. (Courtesy Jerry Schwab, Oxford Ambulance Association.) (From Images of America, Oxford, by Dorothy A. DeBisschop)