private school was Pleasant Vale, which was operated by R. S. Hinman in
the Punkup area, about a mile south of Zoar Bridge during the 1860's.
It ap- pears later to be used as a public school. See early
Riverside School photo. (Image from Oxford Sketches and Records, Volume
2, Wm. C. Sharpe, 1910.) (From Images of America, Oxford, by Dorothy A.